Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 3

What a productive day!! I met with Eli and have only good excited feelings about my Mexico project. This weekend I will be going to Houston and I will bring my camera in order to put some things up here for us to enjoy together. Eli wants me to look into grants so if anyone has any resource ideas I am open. I am willing to write extensively for grants for this project so that is not a deterrent. I am updating some photos from today that Eli felt especially carried some impact. These are from a different barranca than the others. These are of a woman named Elena's home with her four children. When she was pregnant with the youngest she ran from her husband to start a new life in Cuernavaca. She came from nothing and terror and built her own home with her hands everything you see in the background was constructed by her with little outside help. Her children and her are amazingly close they live in a one room house with a bunk bed that sleeps them all. 
This is just a small taste I am hoping to make these into a complete show. Now that we have finished the first round of edits, on to round two.

This is Elena washing dishes in the sink she made outside from a water basin that she collects water in.

This is the youngest daughter

No comments: