Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feeling kind of blue today and it is rainy outside so I figured we could maybe all use a pick me up? Here is some stuff that I don't know what I am going to do with yet from Marfa, Texas. For those of you who don't know Marfa is a destination spot in West Texas. Every wonderful thing you would think about the expansive overpowering west you can find on your way to or around Marfa. Also it is a thriving art town with amazing restaurants. Its where I and an old best friend would go to get recharged creatively. It has a great calming sense and strengthens my faith in wonder.



Here is a storm rolling in I think we were driving out to Fort Davis where there is amazing camp sites or maybe we were going to Alpine which is about 40 min outside of Marfa.

These two are from Balmorae park which is a natural spring with the same idea as barton springs but executed with much more finesse it is clear all the way to the bottom where you can see turtles and catfish and other little river creatures swimming around. Balmorae is about an hour from Marfa and totally worth the drive for a day trip.


ambiguous picture from an exhibit at the Chinati Foundation

No comments: