Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tomorrow I have another meeting with Eli Reed so expect more Mexico edits. There are new opportunities opening up for that project and I am excited. I want to put these pictures to some use, real use, for change or at least for awareness. Today I am flip floppy and hopelessly hopeful. Today I am sorry and giddy and covered with paint because I am working on a film that I will figure out how to show ya'll pieces of. And today a cool front moved in and I am welcoming change for better so lets see if I can find something that fits into that hodge-podge of ridiculousness. 
So here is another of the recent Marfa trip pictures. This one I over looked in the first round of edits but there is something omniscient and wistful about it on second look especially with the light streaks from the clouds in the top right and the road opening up directly to the viewer.
 
I have a new project idea I am going to have to recruit people for so those of you that frequent the blog I am going to be calling on you and your friends for help. I want to make a fake documentary collection of shots from the "Greater depression" (I am coining and copy-writing that phrase so don't think about it!) that didn't pan out from this stock wall street crisis which has subsided for now. I want to make some high fashion fake documentary photo pieces that will show the way my best friend and I hypothesized we would survive. This project is going to be big with equipment rental costuming and large sets so I am going to need to call on all people who have random things to contribute to be there. Excited.