Wednesday, October 1, 2008


So this is the first blog of LightsMirrorsPlay. I plan to keep ya'll updated on my photo stories and work. This update is from a large project I worked on this summer in Cuernavaca, Mexico. I found this small community along a set of old train tracks. It was an accidental project I found the community through a school which the community members themselves ran so that the children would have a place to go. I meet amazingly welcome people. These are parts of a large edit Magnum photographer Eli Reed and I are working on from the thousand something photos I brought home. 


This is Joel. Not even eight and one of the roughest children at the school. But for the most part the other children treated him gently no mater what he did. More about him later his story is so layered and the compassion of the other children was so wis
e and impressive. This is the first day we meet he is still showing me a tough face. 


This is America's shoes she is hiding crayons in the little house that we visitors brought to donate for school supplies.

No comments: